Do you recall when I talked about the few, select dishes that have achieved legendary status in our community? Yes, community, it is that good. This snack mix is another one of those gems. I consider myself a connoisseur of snacking – my daily food intake is essentially ten snacks and one meal. This is one of the best, though — an ideal combo of sweet and salty and highly addictive.
Okay. Now that you are amply excited, it’s time to get down to business. Luckily, corny snack mix couldn’t be easier to whip up. Just melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler, mix up the salty stuff, and drizzle the white chocolate over the top. If you can, wait for it to cool and harden but don’t break up the chunks (that’s the best part, silly!). We’ve been known to mix this bad boy up in a tote when we double the recipe. Which is usually. Because everyone devours it so quickly. Enjoy!
- 3 quarts popped popcorn (about 2 bags)
- 1 package (15 ounces) Corn Pops
- 1 package (15 ounces) corn chips
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- In several large bowls, combine the popcorn, Corn Pops and corn chips. (Or one large tote :P)
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt chips; stir until smooth. Alternatively, you can microwave the chips in a glass container. Be sure to stir them every 30 seconds so you don't overcook.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread onto two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cool. Store in airtight containers.